Instructing is hard enough.
I’ll be honest, there have been times when members beat me to the gym for my 5AM class. I can get a little flustered at times making sure I take care of all the opening tasks, welcome the members and manage check-ins and other admin work before starting class.
One of the challenges I face is taking care of the necessary administrative work in a clear and simple way so that I can get to the part that I love – coaching. And I am not alone.
Our Product and Development Teams have been working with business owners and staff members (like me) from multiple types of gyms of all sizes to solve this problem.
And this is how Front Desk was born.
Front Desk was built for your staff to use. It is a platform that is easy to navigate and includes the most important functionalities for staff members. No longer will your staff members need to weed through Studio, click on multiple pages, remember how to return to the calendar and so on; they will be able to navigate through daily tasks with ease.
Front Desk was built to be accessed from a computer and can be found from Studio. Studio can be closed once Front Desk is open, and it will not log out your staff members while they are on their shifts. We intentionally built Front Desk to stay logged in so that your staff members will not have to remember their password just to check someone in. There is no sensitive data in Front Desk (even payment information gets instantly encrypted as it is entered), so there is no need to log the staff member out for security reasons.
Functionality highlights of Front Desk include:
- Managing class reservations
- Alert resolution
- Adding people
- Taking payments
- Signing documents
- Editing class sessions
- Selling retail items and memberships
- Editing profiles
- Clocking in and out of hourly shifts
- Contacting Zen Planner’s Customer Success team with any questions
Before you dive into Front Desk, I have some suggestions.
- Brand your database. Match your brand color so that your staff and members see consistency in your presence.
- Explore Front Desk and add test people to see how everything works together.
- To see other staff functionality, download and explore our free Staff App on Android or iOS devices. Learn more about the basic functionality of Staff App.
- Bookmark my New Features page so you can peruse our latest features (not just on these products) and learn how to use them!
Using Front Desk as a coach has cut down my administrative time before class immensely. I can hit the ground running when I roll up to work – even with members waiting for me to open the doors.
Looking for more user-friendly self-service options for your members to manage their own check-ins, memberships and retail purchases? Stay tuned! We have some exciting new self-services features that will be released in the very near future.
Searching for member management software? Get your copy of our checklist, 9 Things Your Gym Management Software Must Have to help you select the solution that’s right for you business.