From an Onboarding Coach and CrossFit L1 Trainer
The box I coach at recently decided to make the switch from our previous box management software to Zen Planner. With this switch, I was given the chance to see the everything from our customer’s point of view. Here are five lessons I learned that can help others in my shoes.
1. Get Your Staff Involved
Get get as many staff members as possible to attend the Onboarding calls. Take advantage of recording the session; it’s complimentary and emailed to you after the call. You can use this as a training tool for new staff members for years to come.
2. Plan for Transferring Athlete Information
There needs to be a clear plan in place for transferring your athletes’ information. It is not as intimidating as it sounds, but this process is not to be overlooked.
3. Set Realistic Expectations
Our Sales and Onboarding teams will work hard to help you reach your switch over goal; however, it is a process that shouldn’t be rushed. Our suggested timeframe in completely switching over is anywhere between three to four weeks.
4. Take Advantage of Help Documentation
5. Remember Why You Made the Change
Before my box switched solutions, many athletes were attending classes for free. New athletes were signing waivers after they participated in class. Current members had to log their PR’s and daily WOD results on their own in a journal.
While switching box management solutions might be stressful at times, remember why you made the switch. Since making the switch, our box is seeing:
- Members log WOD results through the Member Mobile App. These results can be accessed at any times and will never be lost.
- How many people attended a specific class? Who hasn’t logged their score? How much money should be coming in this month? Whose payments were declined and why? Zen Planner tracks everything we need to know.
- More insight to our athletes’ progress. We now know where everyone is and who might need additional support.
- Staff unification, as each staff member can log in and see information relevant to their role, as well as how their athletes are progressing.
Though the transition to a new software can seem overwhelming at times, our Onboarding Coaches work very hard to help make the transition as seamless as possible. Remember, we’re here for you every step of the way.
Thinking of switching affiliate gym software providers? Get your copy of our helpful checklist, 9 Things Your Box Management Software Must Have.