It seems like you can’t read anything lately without seeing a mention of “hacks.”
What I used to think of as someone breaking into a computer system (the original definition of “hack”), has now has evolved to mean how to do something better, faster and more efficiently. I’ve even started to see job titles such as “Growth Hacker,” “Life Hacker,” and you can’t look at the New York Times Bestseller List without seeing at least one title with “Hack” in it.
So naturally we’ve decided to share our favorite software “hacks” that have been gathered from our customer advocate team. Here are a couple of our favorites:
From Nate Fielder, Onboarding Manager
Leverage custom fields/lookup codes:
It’s your database, so you should set it up in a way that works for you with our customization tools. The way you can do this is as follows:
- Go to Setup
- Under the Database Tools section there are two options that make your
database more “you”- Custom Fields and Lookup Codes
- Custom Codes allow you to add custom entry fields throughout your database. For example, you may want to add a custom field for “Client Goals” that you can update using the Adding a Person Wizard and edit through their profile in your Studio Account.
- Lookup Codes allow you to edit drop-down option items throughout your database. For instance, you may want to edit the “Prospect Status” labels to reflect your own sales process.
From Kelsey Sprowell, Customer Advocate Vertical Lead & Supervisor
My favorite hack is our System Reports – especially “Audit Duplicate People.” It’s like spell check for your whole database. I’m constantly catching errors or mistakes I love that this catches the mistakes (duplicates, errors, etc) that are easiest to overlook for me. Whenever I show a customer these reports, the reaction is “Oh my gosh. I love this!” because they’ve been trying to track down this information just by clicking through their members.
For this hack, you need to:
- Go to the Zen Planner dashboard
- Click on “System Reports” (under Saved Reports)
- Then click on “Audit Duplicate People”
Voila! It’s done!
Want more ideas on how to get more from Zen Planner? Access our Zen Planner Hacks eBook today.