Whether you currently have a solution in place or you’re purchasing one for the first time, the search may seem a little overwhelming at times. Follow our checklist below when analyzing providers to make sure you find the solution that will work best for the unique needs of your community and you as a box owner.
1). Comprehensive Features
Make sure each provider offers a comprehensive solution with the features your box needs, rather than a basic solution with a couple of flashy features. Specific features your box might need include:
- A mobile app so your members can view your calendar and reserve their spot in class.
- Advanced Workout Tracking, as well as the ability for athletes record their own results.
- Automations to build relationships with current and prospective athletes.
- In-depth reporting and business tools aimed at helping your box grow.
- A responsive website that’s fully integrated with the box management software
2). Straightforward Pricing
It’s important to find a provider that offers a reliable, comprehensive solution for a price that fits within your budget. When examining pricing, ask:
- How does the monthly pricing structure work?
- Do they charge per athlete? If so, how much do they charge and is there a cap for when you really start to expand?
- Do they require a contract?
- Do they charge additional fees to use certain features or tools? If so, how much?
3). Integrated Payment Processing
- Do they have payment processing partners? If so, are their partners in your country?
- Is there a setup or monthly gateway fee?
- Does the payment processor offer competitive, stable rates?
4). Customer Reviews
It’s important to see what current customers have to say about each provider. Do some research on:
- Online sites like Capterra, GetApp, Facebook and G2 Crowd to find recent reviews from customers.
- What are customers saying about the solution, as well as the customer service?
- When there are negative reviews, has the business responded to them?
5). Complimentary Onboarding
When you select a solution, there’s a lot you’ll need to learn to make sure you’re taking full advantage of it. Make sure to ask:
- Do they offer complimentary Onboarding sessions when you sign up? If so, how many?
- Are these sessions recorded, so you can train future staff members?
- Do they offer additional sessions, for more in-depth training, once the initial sessions are complete? How much is each additional session?
6). Responsive, In-House Customer Support
At some point, you’ll have a question and will need assistance from the provider’s customer support team. Find out:
- Do they offer phone and email support from an in-house customer support team?
- What is the average response time for this team?
- Does the customer support team have a positive satisfaction rating?
7). Active, Engaging Facebook Page
Facebook is a great tool for providers to share invaluable resources and tips with customers and to provide customer support. Get on Facebook to make sure:
- They have a Facebook page.
- They are active on the page and share updates about the software, as well as resources for box owners.
- If customers post comments on the wall, do they respond to them?
8). Strategic Business Resources
Box management software companies work with thousands of boxes around the world, which gives them incredible insight and learnings into the world of affiliate gyms. Ask the following questions to make sure they are more of a partner to boxes, rather than simply a provider:
- Do they have a resource page, with helpful guides, eBooks and checklists aimed at helping box owners grow their business?
- Do they actively blog?
- Do they offer live webinars for box owners to attend?
9). Live Demo
You can read up on a provider, but it’s incredibly important for you to see the solution in action. Make sure the provider offers a free live demo with a Software Specialist.
10). Free Trial
Having the ability to poke around in a solution before making a purchase is a great way to feel confident in your decision to purchase the solution. Be sure to find out if the provider offers a free trial of the solution.
By doing proper research and asking the right questions, you will feel confident in your decision to pick a specific provider. Good luck on your search!
Need this checklist on-the-go? Download your copy now!
Zen Planner is a management and billing software for boutique fitness businesses.
We help gym, school, and studio owners streamline their day-to-day tasks so they can get back to doing what they love — helping their members. Enjoy all the features you need to manage your fitness business, including robust reporting dashboards, automated payment processing, skills and belt tracking, attendance history, and online retail.