Zen Planner is a fast-moving technology company based in Highlands Ranch, CO. We provide an all-in-one software for fitness businesses that includes membership management, scheduling, integrated payment processing, email and website templates, that enables our customers grow and nurture their business. Recognized as one of the Best Workplace in the nation, as designated by Outside Magazine in 2013 and 2014; and named one of the National Best and Brightest places to work in 2014.We are seeking an energized and talented Native Mobile and Frontend Developer to work alongside our amazing team who are dedicated to both active lifestyles and to helping small businesses flourish. If you’re interested in joining a company driven by a culture of positive energy, empowerment, and continuous improvement, you’ve come to the right place.
- 3+ years experience developing commercial software systems, preferably using Agile development process.
- 3+ years experience developing compelling web solutions using industry best-practices.
- 1+ years experience of dedicated mobile development (iOS required, Android desired).
- Strong web/mobile application development portfolio that demonstrates your application development experience .
- Strong computer science foundation and general analytical skills.
- Experience with device-specific design integration.
- Experience with web analytics and strong SEO techniques.
- Experience with SaaS delivery platforms.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and design.
- Experience with Java and related third-party libraries.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and loosely coupled systems in a high-availability environment.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Strong software development process knowledge, including re-factoring, unit testing, test-driven development, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience working collaboratively with other developers, testers, and product owners.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field is nice, but aptitude and experience trump—we find that the best software developers come from many diverse backgrounds.
Additional experience preferred:
- Server-side languages such as CFML, Python, or PHP.
- Templating engines or embedded CMS.
- Git, GitHub, and/or Jira.
- Public cloud APIs and hosting.
- CRM integration.
- Passion for fitness or sports: i.e. Crossfit, Martial Arts, or Yoga.
- Prior experience as a fitness instructor, personal trainer.
- Prior experience using member management software.
We are a fun and exciting company that cares for our team’s health, happiness and professional growth.
- Health Insurance -100% company paid option available.
- Life Insurance- 100% company paid premium.
- Long-term disability insurance- 100% company paid premium.
- Optional benefits: dental, vision, health and child FSA.
- Paid time off and company paid holidays.
- Retirement with company matching.
- Profit sharing.
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Tuition reimbursement for fitness certification.
- PTO for volunteer work.
- Casual and fun work environment.
- Company sponsored team events.
- Group fitness classes.
- Catered team lunches and outdoor grill and patio.
- Fruit, snacks, and beverages.
- Kids playroom.
- Indoor bike parking rack and access to showers and locker space.
We want to meet you! This can be in the form of a cover letter, a 2-minute video, or whatever other clever way you can think of to introduce yourself. In your introduction, please answer these questions and email it, along with your resume and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line: “Mobile Lead-072015”.
- Tell us about your strengths and why they make you perfect for this job.
- What lessons have you learned from challenges with technology?
- What is the best thing about working with a team?
- What are you passionate about?
We are very selective in hiring, so please be sure to put thought into your submission if you truly want to join our team. Third-parties, recruiters, or outsourcers: We will call you if we want to partner.