As a fitness business owner, we have a hunch that you’ve probably asked yourself at some point what competing businesses are doing to create success for themselves. Maybe you’ve asked questions like:
- How much do they charge for memberships?
- How much do they pay their staff members?
- What do their profit and loss statements look like?
- Do they offer discounts? If so, how much are they discounting memberships by?
In an effort to help answer these questions, we launched our first-ever Benchmark Reports last year. These reports are aimed at providing business owners, like you, with the most detailed financial performance data in the industry to help you make strategic business decisions. You can get your free copy by clicking on the links below:
We just finished gathering data for our 2017 Benchmark Reports and appreciate everyone who took the time to help us create them! To gather this data, we created surveys that took around 10-15 minutes to complete. These surveys asked a series of financial, operational and emotional questions, such as:
- How large your business is in terms of square footage and member base
- Which types of classes you offer and the number of classes offered each day
- How many staff members you employ and how much you pay them
- What types of membership options you provide
- Whether or not you discount memberships
- How you go about marketing your business
While we’ve closed the 2017 surveys, we invite you to take the survey next year to have data for your business included in our 2018 Benchmark Reports. If you’d like to participate, keep an eye out for the survey in Fall of next year.
As a way to thank participants for taking the survey, we gave away some awesome prizes! For each survey, we gave away the grand prize of one $1,000 Visa gift card to one random participant. We also raffled off five $250 Visa gift cards. In addition to potentially winning some cash, by taking the survey, participants will receive an advanced copy of the report once it’s ready.
Interested in learning more about these surveys? Check out our list of common survey FAQs here. If you have questions about any of the information within the survey, feel free to get in touch with our survey team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cheers to your success!