At Zen Planner, our purpose is to make fitness businesses wildly successful, to transform the hearts, minds and bodies of their communities. Our purpose drives everything we do, from the software we build, to the training and support we provide, to the content we create.
Our customers have frequently asked about the specific things top performing businesses are doing to create financial success for themselves. This led us to survey hundreds of fitness business owners from around the world in the martial arts, affiliate gym, boutique fitness and yoga industries to determine just that. We asked participants a series of financial, operational and emotional questions, and compiled their answers in our first-ever 2016 Benchmark Reports.
These reports were such a hit, that we launched the surveys again last fall, this time with additional questions to help us further identify the successes of leading fitness businesses. The data has been analyzed, our recommendations have been compiled and today, the 2017 Benchmark Reports are now available for download!
- Charge for the value of their services: These businesses are confident in the level of training and instruction they provide their members, therefore, they successfully charge higher prices than their less successful counterparts.
- Avoid discounts: Discounting is a slippery slope. Thriving fitness businesses are strict with discounts, enabling them to generate far more revenue per member than struggling fitness businesses.
- Have more members: This one may seem obvious, but it’s worth mentioning. You can afford to do so much more when you have more members.
In addition to highlighting what top performing businesses are doing right, these reports feature invaluable benchmark data, to help you see how your business’ metrics compare to other businesses in your industry. Some of the data you’ll find includes:
- Profit and loss statements
- Average gross revenue per member
- Types of memberships offered
- Facility size and expenses
- Monthly member retention
- Percentage of members on autopay
- And so much more!
Take the first step in helping your business establish financial stability this year and download your free 2017 Benchmark Report today!